International Certified Yacht School – Teaching Experience since 2006!
ICC certificate of Competence
ICC Certificate of Competence from the Irish Maritime Administration allows you to control not only sailing but also motorized vessels.
Entry Standard for the Certificate ICC
- The Candidate for Certificate ICC should be 16 years of age or over and hold the IYT Bareboat Skipper Certificate and VHF Radio Operator certificate.
- Command of a pleasure vessel up to a maximum length of 78 ft /24 meters.
- In coastal waters
- In daylight hours and in fair conditions with moderate wind and sea conditions
- There may be restrictions in terms of cruising area, distance from a harbor and the ability to operate a vessel in daylight hours in fair weather.
To be issued after successful completion of all the modules of “ICC European Certificate” have been completed.
The course ICC duration be a minimum of 40 hours of theory and practical training, but this time frame may be reduced for those who have recognized prior learning or boating/sea time experience
Certificate ICC is the level of competence required when chartering a boat in the Mediterranean and other jurisdictions.
- nautical terminology
- safety & vessel checkout
- basic rope work
- man-overboard procedures
- capsizing, swamping, sinking
- anchors & anchoring
- running aground and the responsibilities of the crew
- small powerboats and rigid inflatable boats
- boat handling under power
- sails and sail handling
- basic meteorology
- short passages including heavy weather,
- restricted visibility & negotiating harbor entrances
- compasses and magnetism,
- charts, chart work
- basic navigation
- tides & currents & buoyage
- collision regulations
- navigation lights
- basic first aid
- and responsibilities of the skipper/captain
Objective: The objective of the course ICC is for the student to develop the knowledge and skill sets to competently operate as a member of a crew and to understand the basic theory and practical application of nautical terminology.
Maximum Class Size for Certificate ICC
Candidate/Instructor Ratio: 5 to 1 for the on board practical. 16:1 when teaching shore-based theory modules.
Included: Accommodation in DBL cabin, captain-instructor, bed linen, marinas.
For those with certificates: Bareboat Skipper IYT and up:
€200 – passing theoretical and practical tests + €150 for certificate with forwarding.
Dates for Certificate ICC 2021
PÄRNU – KIHNU – RUHNU – ABRUKA-SAAREMAA – MUHU-PÄRNU.
ABOUT 200 Nm
Theory and Practice to Issue Certificate ICC
Price per person: DBL – €750 (доплата за 28 июля – €50), SGL – €1200.
The price includes: accommodation in the cabin, the services of the captain-instructor,all the necessary textbooks and manuals, bed linen.
Paid additionally: meals on the yacht, including meals for the captain-instructor, IYT certificates with shipping from Canada – €175, fuel, €30 insurance, €150 refundable deposit, fuel
On request – towels-5 euro, wi-fi – 30 euros
We develop the rest on yachts with the best route in any water area. A responsible, attentive, benevolent and competent captains instructor who is familiar with the yachts will not be hearsay. We know everything about sailing and yachting, or almost everything, and are going to share the accumulated information with you. We hope that you will appreciate our efforts for dignity, and training in the “Yacht-Challenge” will bring you joy and 100% result. Support for graduates after graduation.
Pardon Our Progress While We Update Our Web Site. Please Check back in With Us in the Near Future!
Путешествуйте с нами по всему миру! Академия Yacht-Challenge предлагает вам регаты, круизы, корпоративные вечеринки,
а также незабываемые прогулки на яхте!