International Certified Yacht School – Teaching Experience since 2006!
ICC-INTERNATIONAL certificate of Competency
ICC- International Certificate of Competency from the Irish Maritime Administration allows you to control not only sailing but also motorized vessels.
Entry Standard for the International Certificate of Competency ICC
The ICC is a certificate confirming that an individual is competent to the level required to meet the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe Inland Water Committee (UNECE IWC) Resolution 40.
International Certificate of Competency ICC is the level of competency required when chartering a boat in the European countries (Baltic Sea, Mediterranean Sea and other jurisdictions).
- The Candidate for course ICC should be 16 years of age or over and hold the IYT Bareboat Skipper Certificate and VHF Radio Operator certificate.
- Command of a pleasure vessel up to a maximum length of 78 ft /24 meters.
- In coastal waters
- In daylight hours and in fair conditions with moderate wind and sea conditions
- There may be restrictions in terms of cruising area, distance from a harbor and the ability to operate a vessel in daylight hours in fair weather.
The course ICC duration be a minimum of 40 hours of theory and practical training, but this time frame may be reduced for those who have recognized prior learning or boating/sea time experience
ICC course Scope:
- nautical terminology, safety & vessel checkout
- small powerboats and rigid inflatable boats
- boat handling under power, man-overboard procedures,anchors & anchoring
- sails and sail handling, basic rope work
- basic meteorology, short passages including heavy weather,
- compasses and magnetism, charts, chart work
- tides & currents & buoyage
- collision regulations
- basic first aid, responsibilities of the skipper/captain
In accordance with UNECE Resolution 40 (Revision 4), citizens and residents of countries from the list below, that are signatories to Resolution 40, will be obliged to obtain an ICC from their own national issuing authority and not from IYT,with the exception of the United Kingdom and Latvia and if the applicant can provide proof of residency* in a country not on this list. *Proof of residency (examples) Utility bill (electric or gas), Property tax bill, Telephone bill, Insurance bill.
As of May 2016 the following countries have adopted resolution 40.
- Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Latvia**, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, South Africa, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom***
**The government of Latvia has given written permission for IYT to issue ICCs to their own nationals and residents
***IYT has been authorised to issue ICC’s to United Kingdom Nationals and Residents for the past 18 years which are issued on behalf of the British Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA). Reference: UNECE Resolution 40 document
Maximum Class Size for course ICC
Candidate/Instructor Ratio: 5 to 1 for the on board practical. 16:1 when teaching shore-based theory modules.
The certificate ICC is valid for a period of five years, then it is necessary revalidate it.
For those with certificates: Bareboat Skipper IYT and up:
€200 – passing theoretical and practical tests + €150 for certificate ICC with delivery.
Dates for Course ICC 2021
PÄRNU – KIHNU island – RUHNU island – ABRUKA island-SAAREMAA island- MUHU island-PÄRNU.
ABOUT 200 Nm
Theory and Practice to Issue Certificate ICC
Price per person: DBL – €750 (supplement payment for July – €50), SGL – €1200.
The price includes: accommodation in the cabin, the services of the captain-instructor, all the necessary textbooks and manuals, bed linen.
Paid additionally: meals on the yacht, including meals for the captain-instructor, IYT certificates with shipping from Canada – €175, fuel, €30 insurance, €30 fuel
On request – towels-5 euro, wi-fi – 30 euros
We develop the rest on yachts with the best route in any water area. A responsible, attentive, benevolent and competent captains instructor who is familiar with the yachts will not be hearsay. We know everything about sailing and yachting, or almost everything, and are going to share the accumulated information with you. We hope that you will appreciate our efforts for dignity, and training in the “Yacht-Challenge” will bring you joy and 100% result. Support for graduates after graduation.
Pardon Our Progress While We Update Our Web Site. Please Check back in With Us in the Near Future!
Путешествуйте с нами по всему миру! Академия Yacht-Challenge предлагает вам регаты, круизы, корпоративные вечеринки,
а также незабываемые прогулки на яхте!