International Certified Yacht School – Teaching Experience since 2006!
international crew IYT Certificate
International Crew IYT Course for those who want to be an active member of the yacht crew, participate in the management of the yacht, knit knots and work with sails
This is a certificate of excellence for those candidates who wish to train to become an active crew member on a power or sailing yacht.
It includes an Introduction to Boating for power and sail yachts.
Entry Standard for the Certificate:
- The Candidate should be 14 years of age or over.
- Crew on a vessel up to a maximum length of 78 ft /24 metres
- in coastal waters up to 20 miles offshore
- in daylight hours and in fair conditions with moderate wind and sea conditions
It is the level of competence that someone needs either when acting as watchkeeping crew on a yacht and as a skipper of a small yacht in protected waters where help is immediately available in calm conditions.
- Nautical terminology
- Safety briefing
- Rope work
- Basic rules of the road
- Basic sail handling
- Basic handling under power
- Man overboard procedures
- Vessel equipment and instruments
- Deck seamanship
- Course Duration: 5 to 6 days, 40 hours of theory and practical training, but this time frame may be reduced for those who have recognized prior learning or boating/sea time experience.
Maximum Class Size
Candidate/Instructor Ratio: 5 to 1 for the on board practical. 16:1 when teaching shore based theory modules.
International Crew Certificate (theory and practice on board ).
Price – 660€
Additional fee: certificates – 100€, food. included food of captain-instructor.
Included: Accommodation in DBL cabin, captain-instructor, bed linen.
For yacht school IYT we have the highest qualification!
Travel with us around the world! The Yacht-Challenge Academy offers you regattas, cruises, corporate parties, as well as unforgettable sailing trips!