The Bareboat Skipper course for those who want to become a captain of a sailing yacht and get an international certificate to rent a yacht for a holiday with family or friends, with complete freedom of movement by sea.
- Applicants must be VHF certified or have completed the IYT VHF / SRC course with the Bareboat Skipper course together.
- The candidate must be at least 16 years old.
- By the end of the course, the candidate must have logged at least 200 nautical miles and spend at least 10 days at sea
Certificate allows you to command a vessel
- Up to 78 feet / 24 meters long
- In coastal waters up to 20 miles offshore
- In the daytime and in good weather with moderate wind and sea waves
- For students with an International Crew certificate – 6 days.
- For students without an International Crew certificate – 10 days.
Maximum group size
Candidate to instructor ratio: 5 to 1 for practice on board. 10 to 1 for theoretical modules on shore
This level is mainly suitable for chartering a boat in the Mediterranean Sea; the vessel should be moored safely in the marina or anchored before dark.
- AStudy of the theoretical course Bareboat Skipper IYT online (access to the online course is given for 2 months) + practice on a yacht (10 days) – € 850.00 – the online theoretical course can be studied anywhere at any convenient time, the course contains the entire amount of knowledge necessary for obtaining certificates Bareboat Skipper IYT, ICC and Radiooperator VHF, diagrams, tables, photos and videos with a detailed explanation of the most difficult sections of the course – navigation and boat handling under power. After each section, you can test your knowledge with a verification test. When you are ready to pass the exam, choose a convenient time with instructor captain by Skype. After passing the test, a logbook with marks about the courses studied is issued.T
This prices for practice in Estonia, Pärnu and included: accommodation in the cabin, the services of the instructor captain, IYT logbook, all the necessary textbooks and manuals, bed linen.
Paid additionally: meals on the yacht, including meals for the captain-instructor, IYT certificates with shipping from Canada – €175, fuel (approximately €30), boat insurance €30 , refundable deposit €150, marinas on the islands-25 euro per night per yacht
On request – towels-5 euro, wi-fi – 30 euros
Prices for practice out of Estonia are different, please see info below, also on home page and on page plan 2021!
Dates for practical courses in Estonia, Pärnu in 2021
Useful Info for courses in Estonia, Pärnu
Yacht Club Address: Pärnu Jahtklubi: Lootsi 6, Pärnu 80012 Eesti
*On the piers – drinking water and electricity, the yacht club has toilets, a shower and a sauna.
Yacht Oceanis 393 – 3 cabins 2 bathrooms
Length – 11.63 m
Width – 3.96 m
Draft – 1.91
Route Pärnu-Kihnu island-Ruhnu island-Saaremaa island-Muhu island
If you have not decided yet on the dates of practice, you can start by studying the theory only
- Study online – 200 euros (a discount on practice is provided – 100 euros) – includes passing the test on skype to the captain-instructor and a logbook with a mark on the theoretical course completed
- In the class with the captain- instructor – 350 euros – includes passing the test and a logbook with a mark on the theoretical course completed
If you already have the full amount of necessary knowledge and quite big experience in sailing on a yacht as a skipper, you can pass the external exam
- Passing a theoretical test and a practical exam (1 day) – 200 euros –you must pass a theoretical test and demonstrate the following practical skills: planning a route, work with a navigation map, departure from a pier, work with sails, procedure “man over board ”, docking alongside and by stern, work with ropes (knots etc), work with electronic navigation aids
- to study a theoretical course online with passing a theoretical test to the captain instructor by Skype and pass a practical exam – 300 euros
After successful exam passing supplement payment for 2 certificates Bareboat Skipper IYT`+ Radiooperator VHF= 150 euros.
Do you have any questions or ready to take this course?
Feel free to contact us by filling the following form or contact us using any other available channels found on our contact page.