With the Bareboat Skipper IYT Certificate you can rent a yacht for a holiday with family or friends in the Mediterranean and Baltic seas where there are restrictions in terms of cruising area and distance from the base and the vessel has to be safely moored in a marina or anchored before dark.
- Certificate requirement
- Applicants must have VHF certificate or have completed the IYT VHF / SRC course with the Bareboat Skipper course together.
- The candidate must be at least 16 years old.
- By the end of the course, the candidate must have logged at least 200 nm and at least 10 days at sea
Certificate allows you to command a vessel
- Up to 78 feet / 24 meters long
- In coastal waters up to 20 miles offshore In the light time and in good weather
- For students with Crew certificate – 6 days.
- For students without any certificates – 10 days.
Price for course – € 850.00, the price included:–
access to the theoretical course Bareboat Skipper IYT online for 2 months; –access to the theoretical course Radiooperator VHF IYT online for 2 months; –practice on a yacht (10 days) ;-accommodation in the DBL cabin, captain-instructor, bed linen-logbook IYT, all the necessary textbooks and manuals
Paid additionally: meals on the yacht, incl meals for the captain-instructor, IYT certificates – €175, fuel €30, boat insurance €30 , marinas on the islands-25 euro per night per yacht, refundable deposit €150.On request – wi-fi – 30 euro
This prices is for practice in Estonia, Pärnu .Prices for practice out of Estonia are different, please see page plan 2022!
If you have not decided yet on the dates of practice, you can start by studying the theory only.
Price for theoretical course Bareboat Skipper IYT:
– online – 200 euro (a discount on practice is provided – 100 euros) – includes passing the test on skype to the captain-instructor and a logbook with a mark on the theoretical course completed
-In class – 350 euro – includes passing the test and a logbook with a mark on the theoretical course completed
- -If you have a good experience on sailing yacht as a skipper, you can pass the external exam
- -Theoretical test IYT and practical exam: work with charts, departure from a pier, work with sails, “man over board ”, docking alongside and by stern, work with ropes, anchoring etc- 200 euro
- – Theoretical course online with theoretical test by Skype and practical exam – 300 euro
After successful exam passing payment for 2 certificates Bareboat Skipper IYT`+ VHF= 175 euro.
Dates for practical courses in Estonia, Pärnu in 2022
May 07, 15, 23
July 09, 19, 29
August 04, 14, 25
Address: Pärnu Jahtklubi: Lootsi 6, Pärnu 80012 Eesti
Yacht Oceanis 393 – 3 cab 2 WC
Length – 11.63 m Width – 3.96 m Draft – 1.91
Route Pärnu-Kihnu isl-Ruhnu isl-Saaremaa isl-Muhu isl
Do you have any questions or ready to take this course?
Feel free to contact us by filling the following form or contact us using any other available channels found on our contact page.