All international yacht management certificates are issued to captains only if the captain has a Radio operator VHF certificate.
Entry Standard and Certificate Limitations
- The Candidate should be 16 years of age or over
A IYT VHF radio certificate is the best way to communicate distress immediately and it’s the accepted way to ensure continuous contact with search and rescue services.
- Studying the basic principles of maritime radio communications
- Rules for the use of VHF radios with DSC (Digital Selective Calling), VHF radios
- rescue equipment
- emergency beacons
- radar transponders
- emergency Radio
- disaster and Safety Radio communication Procedures
- rules for canceling false distress calls.
- rules for using English for radio
- rules of radio when entering the port
IYT Radio Operator VHF Certificate (on-line or on board at once with International Crew or Bareboat Skipper). Price: 120€.
Do you have any questions or ready to take this course?
Feel free to contact us by filling the following form or contact us using any other available channels found on our contact page.
Radio Operator VHF
- All the necessary material for the course Radiooperator VHF IYT
- Audio recordings of urgency and safety messages
- Certificate fees.